Free Weights Functional Movement Series: SEATED DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS
Need some assistance with FREE WEIGHTS and FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT?
Watch these how-to videos if you are just starting out, OR if you are an experienced weightlifter hoping to correct or check your form!
Check out VIM’s Free Weights & Functional Movement Series – Each week we’ll post a video demonstrating a new move. Next up, SEATED DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS!
- While holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on a military press bench or utility bench that has back support. Place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs.
- Now raise the dumbbells to shoulder height one at a time using your thighs to help propel them up into position.
- Make sure to rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing forward. This is your starting position.
- Now, exhale and push the dumbbells upward until they touch at the top.
- Then, after a brief pause at the top contracted position, slowly lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.