Check out our August Membership Special:
Now through August 31, 2019:
INITIATION FEE WAIVED!*
*on 12 month commitment or yearly membership
AND get a FREE Fitness Consultation!
Email Tyler to schedule your free fitness consultation:
8 WEEKS: FEB. 11 – APRIL 8
$249 GETS YOU:
- 2 SGT Sessions per week
- Unlimited Team Training
- Nutritional guidance w/in-house nutritionist, Rich
Grand prize weight loss winner will be awarded a free month of Small Group Training valued at $179 (12 sessions, unlimited Team Training & open gym!)
PRESALE ENDS FEB. 10!
Questions? Contact Tyler:
With January on the horizon, the gym will soon be packed to the sweaty brim with new members (and current members showing up more often) fulfilling their New Year’s Resolutions!
The more, the merrier! Let’s welcome them and show them that we know how to be courteous to our fellow members, the gym staff and the gym itself!
Here are a few tips to heed so that you’re not ‘that guy’ or ‘that gal’ at the gym:
- Return Equipment to its Proper Place. – Using free weights? Awesome. Don’t forget to put them back where they belong so the next person doesn’t have to go on a wild goose chase to find them, and so nobody trips over a dumbbell left in the middle of the floor.
- Clean Up After Yourself! – This tip is twofold. Wipe down the equipment after using it to A. clean off the sweat, and B. to stop the spread of germs during cold and flu season.
- Be On Top of Your Personal Hygiene – If you haven’t showered in a while before heading to the gym, maybe consider a quick one prior to your workout so the person using the treadmill next to yours doesn’t hightail it out of there when you show up. Also, gym clothes can get pretty funky if you don’t wash them within a reasonable amount of time after your gym session. Don’t forget about them in your gym bag till three days from now!
- Sick? Come Back When You Feel Better! – Don’t risk the spread of germs to the other members. Get some rest and get better!
- Hang Up Your Phone. – We don’t want/need to hear your conversation with your bff or your mom. Need to keep your phone on for work? That’s cool – just answer it in an isolated area to avoid distracting other members.
- Stop the Gym Selfies! – Especially the ones that seem to require clothing removal of any kind. It can be annoying to other members, and they don’t want to inadvertently photobomb you and end up on your Insta feed.
- Avoid Grunting/Dropping Weights. – We get it. It’s heavy! No need to announce it to the world. Also, dropping weights can be dangerous and can damage the floors.
- Follow the Gym Rules. – Every gym has their own set of rules. Be sure you are familiar with them!
Can’t get enough of these gym etiquette tips? Don’t fret. Here are some links to other gym etiquette articles that get into even more detail:
Thanksgiving is around the corner! Please take note of our holiday hours:
Wed., Nov. 21 – 6am-8pm
THANKSGIVING – Thurs., Nov. 22 – 8am-2pm
Fri., Nov. 23 – 8am-8pm
Wed., Nov. 21 – 9am-5pm
THANKSGIVING – Thurs., Nov. 22 – CLOSED
Fri., Nov. 23 – 9am-7pm
Thankful for your friends this November?
Show them just how much by referring them to VIM during our ‘Refer A Friend Promo!’
So what’s in it for you (and your friend)?
The current member gets 1000 VIM Points
The new member has their initiation fee waived!
Simply have the new member mention or write in the current member’s name on the contract when they sign up!
Offer valid through November 30th.
Too tired and drained of energy to get a good workout in? Sleep is VITAL for fitness!
Turns out, getting enough SLEEP will not only improve how you feel DURING your workout – it also helps you reach your fitness goals WHILE YOU SLEEP!
Check out ‘The Intimate Relationship Between Fitness and Sleep’, written by Ashley Mateo, published on Everyday Health. It is full of reasons why sleep is so important when it comes to fitness and working out. Here are a few of the main takeaways from the article, but if you’re not too tired, it’s definitely worth reading it in its entirety!:
1. Sleep is required to reach goals such as improving cardiovascular health, increasing lean muscle mass and improving endurance, because sleep is when our bodies produce growth hormone to rebuild, repair and recover!
2. Regular exercise helps us sleep by producing more adenosine in the brain.
3. Getting adequate sleep will help you maximize your workout, and not getting enough will make your workouts feel harder.
Tempted to hit snooze in the AM and not sure if another hour of sleep or a workout will benefit you more in the long run?
Well, this article answers that question as well – read it to find the answer!
Need more convincing? See these other related articles:
Sore after your killer workout?
VIM is now offering In-House Massage appointments!
30 min $50
60 min $85
90 min $120
Contact Tyler to book your appointment now!
You’re Invited to a FREE Functional Training Clinic with VIM Trainer, Quan!
Tuesday, Oct. 2nd @ 11AM and 7:30PM
Friday, Oct. 5th @ 11AM and 7:30PM
WHERE: VIM – Central Square
Join us to learn workout regimen incorporating the whole body system as a single unit, involving multi-joint movements to create a muscle balance/stabilization foundation, which distributes lean muscle growth.
It will address the (pre/post) rehabilitation and conditioning, and will benefit the special populations (those with diabetes, HBP, CVD, and musculoskeletal diseases), by activating and stimulating the repair and facilitating the growth of the major and the supporting small, intricate muscles for ADL(activities of daily living) functionality.
Need a little nudge to help you get in shape this Fall?
Okay, how about a BIG nudge?
Sign up for VIM’s Fit for Fall BOOTCAMP!
Bootcamp runs Oct. 15th – Dec. 15th and includes:
- Unlimited SGT Class
- Unlimited Team Training
- Weekly Nutritional Tips
- Weekly Progressional Home Workouts
Sign up by Sept. 30th for ONLY $249
Sign up between Oct. 1st and 14th for $299
Want in? Get in touch:
350 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
579 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139