Are You A Work Week Dieter?
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
You’ve got Monday off to relax and host a BBQ with your friends.
But will this ruin your diet?
Will a little bit of fun on the weekend put a stop to your progress? Let’s take a look. If you start your weekend with 40 cent wing night on Thursday, then dinner dates and bar hopping on friday and saturday, then family brunch sunday… Things aren’t looking good in the aftermath of Monday’s BBQ. Take a look at this little infographic to see how those fun nights may be getting in the way!
…you can go out with friends, eat and drink with freedom, and still reach your fitness goals!
- Corn: 15 cents each – Simple and delicious, corn is always a late summer staple for any BBQ. Try wrapping them in tin foil with a little bit of plant-based buttery spread (a low saturated fat alternative to butter) and grilling for 8-10 minutes.
- Scallops: $13.99/lb – Ever heard of scallop kebabs? They’re pretty great. Try this recipe here for Herbed Scallop Kebabs on the grill!
- Whole Seedless Watermelon: $3.99 each – Keep it simple. Everyone loves a good, thick slice of watermelon.
- Outshine Fruit Bars: 3/$10 – Looking for dessert but don’t want the fat and sugar-ridden ice cream novelties? Try these fruit bars! Very satisfying and refreshing for the last few days of summer, and only 60 calories!
- Strawberries: $2.99/lb – With all these fresh berries, you simply can’t go wrong! Throw them in a salad with walnuts, gorgonzola and grilled chicken. Or make them into a trifle. Check out this recipe for a little bit healthier alternative!