Too tired and drained of energy to get a good workout in? Sleep is VITAL for fitness!
Turns out, getting enough SLEEP will not only improve how you feel DURING your workout – it also helps you reach your fitness goals WHILE YOU SLEEP!
Check out ‘The Intimate Relationship Between Fitness and Sleep’, written by Ashley Mateo, published on Everyday Health. It is full of reasons why sleep is so important when it comes to fitness and working out. Here are a few of the main takeaways from the article, but if you’re not too tired, it’s definitely worth reading it in its entirety!:
1. Sleep is required to reach goals such as improving cardiovascular health, increasing lean muscle mass and improving endurance, because sleep is when our bodies produce growth hormone to rebuild, repair and recover!
2. Regular exercise helps us sleep by producing more adenosine in the brain.
3. Getting adequate sleep will help you maximize your workout, and not getting enough will make your workouts feel harder.
Tempted to hit snooze in the AM and not sure if another hour of sleep or a workout will benefit you more in the long run?
Well, this article answers that question as well – read it to find the answer!
Need more convincing? See these other related articles:
1. Why Sleep Is the No. 1 Most Important Thing for a Better Body
2. Importance of Sleep in Fitness
3. What You Need to Know About Sleep and Physical Fitness