Kettlebell Series: Dead Snatch
Want more variation in your workout? Exercises performed with kettlebells are a great way to shock your muscles into growth while improving power and explosiveness from the ground up!
Check out VIM’s Kettlebell Video Series – Each week we’ll post a video demonstrating a new kettlebell move. Next move, KB Dead Snatch!
- Stand behind kettlebell with feet slightly wider apart than shoulder width. Bend over at hip with knees bent and back straight. Extend arm downward and grasp kettlebell handle with overhand grip.
- Lift kettlebell off of floor and pull forearm against inner thighs while keeping hips and knees bent with low back taut.
- Drive hips forward, torso upright, and knees straight so kettlebell is pushed forward and upward.
- As kettlebell begins to swing forward, vigorously raise shoulder above kettlebell. As kettlebell begins to swing up past the hips, pull kettlebell toward body slightly with elbow pointing outward. As kettlebell continues to rise slightly, decelerate rise of handle allowing kettlebell to rotate in hand into inverted position.
- Punch kettlebell upward in a overhead straight arm position with kettlebell positioned behind forearm.