https://vimfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Screen-Shot-2018-03-02-at-10.49.30-AM.png 1018 612 VIM Fitness https://vimfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Website_logo.png VIM Fitness2018-03-07 08:00:382018-03-02 11:14:35Free Weights Functional Movement Series: Barbell Military Press
Need some assistance with FREE WEIGHTS and FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT?
Watch these how-to videos if you are just starting out, OR if you are an experienced weightlifter hoping to correct or check your form!
Check out VIM’s Free Weights & Functional Movement Series – Each week we’ll post a video demonstrating a new move. Next up, BARBELL MILITARY PRESS!
- Start by placing a barbell that is about chest high on a squat rack. Once you have selected the weights, grab the barbell using a pronated (palms facing forward) grip. Make sure to grip the bar wider than shoulder width apart from each other.
- Slightly bend the knees and place the barbell on your collar bone. Lift the barbell off the rack, keeping it lying on your chest. Take a step back and position your feet shoulder width apart from each other.
- Once you pick up the barbell with the correct grip length, lift the bar up over your head by locking your arms. Hold at about shoulder level and slightly in front of your head. This is your starting position.
- Lower the bar down to the collarbone slowly as you inhale.
- Lift the bar back up to the starting position as you exhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.